Tuesday 17 March 2015

Week 10: Impresssions on Week 9: Mutating Binary Search Trees and Midterm

Hello,

Last week we only had one lecture because of the midterm. We talked about mutating binary search trees. We worked on two algorithms insert and delete. The code for delete was really complicated and hard to understand at first, but reading the docstring for the stepes of the algorithm helped a lot to understand what the code was doing. This is helped me a lot so if in the future I write a complicated function that may not make sense at first glance, I will make sure to write the steps of the algorithm the same way Danny wrote in order to clearly identify the steps I am taking in my code.

For the midterm last week I was a little scared because I felt like we learned so little from the last midterm to now. But the questions were fair and they just covered binary search trees and linked lists. All of the questions were questions we saw before in labs just slightly modified to check our understanding. This made me realize the importance of doing the practice labs every week.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/87/Donboscocambodia0001.JPG/280px-Donboscocambodia0001.JPG

Thanks for reading,
Rod Mazloomi

No comments:

Post a Comment